1985 BX Athena for sale

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
Ian Stanbury

1985 BX Athena for sale

Post by Ian Stanbury »

Well chaps I have decided to sell my navy blue 1985 BX Athena
She is a wonderful original BX in a wonderful condition and is RHD and french registered - it has a french MOT till the end of February 2014 and you could insure her and run around with it in UK till then - It is easy to re-register her in UK - details on line
She has done 83k miles and has no serious rust - the head was rebuilt 1000 miles ago and new cam belt fitted - the hydraulics octopus was also changed last spring. She needs a new e ngine to silencer bit of exhaust pipe and a new radiator fan.
I have already given someone first refusal and if you would like second refusal please send me a PM - I am not sure about a price but make me an offer if interested - anyone not interested might like to tell me how much I should ask for her?

Many thanks one and all and more pics available if required

Ian

meridianengineservices.co.uk
Attachments
2013-09-03 08.17.33 e.jpg
2013-09-03 08.17.13 e.jpg
2013-09-03 08.17.23 e.jpg
JayW
1K Away

Re: 1985 BX Athena for sale

Post by JayW »

I thought 1985 would have been Mk1?
I have zero patience for your tedium.
Ian Stanbury

Post by Ian Stanbury »

You are all so clever - yes I am wrong..its 1991

Even newer = even more valuable then!!
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Ian Stanbury wrote:You are all so clever - yes I am wrong..its 1991

Even newer = even more valuable then!!
Not quite true just of late, especially if it was a low mileage MK1/1985 model :wink:

Have a read thro' THIS thread and then get back with your thoughts/comment /\ :lol:

BTW, good luck with the Athena sale !

:)

Ian Stanbury

Post by Ian Stanbury »

Well Team she sold for nothing, well almost £102.......................but not to worry as she is moving to Yorkshire and today I have been told some wonderful news..

Very important health tip information -could be life changing..

· Do you have feelings of inadequacy?

· Do you suffer from shyness?

· Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist about Cabernet Sauvignon.

Cabernet Sauvignon is the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident about yourself and your actions. It can help ease you out of your shyness and let you tell the world that you're ready and willing to do just about anything.

You will notice the benefits of Cabernet Sauvignon almost immediately and, with a regimen of regular doses, you can overcome any obstacles that prevent you from living the life you want to live.

Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past and you will discover many talents you never knew you had. Stop hiding and start living.

Cabernet Sauvignon may not be right for everyone. Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use it. However, women who wouldn't mind nursing or becoming pregnant are encouraged to try it.

Side effects:

Dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration, loss of motor control, loss of clothing, loss of money, loss of virginity, delusions of grandeur, table dancing, headache, dehydration, dry mouth, and a desire to sing Karaoke and play all-night rounds of Strip Poker, Truth Or Dare, and Naked Twister.

Warnings:

· The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

· The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may cause you to tell your friends over and over again that you love them.

· The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may cause you to think you can sing.

· The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Please feel free to share this important information with as many people as you feel may benefit!

Now just imagine what you could achieve with a good Shiraz or Pinot..

http://www.meridianengineservices.co.uk
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Ian Stanbury wrote:Well Team she sold for nothing, well almost £102.......................but not to worry as she is moving to Yorkshire and today I have been told some wonderful news..
Well done Ian hopefully your Athena (AQ 585 NR) has gone to a good home, however Yorkshire is quite a big part of the UK !

I'm only guessing, I've a feeling it could be heading towards Keighley in Yorkshire ?

Ian Stanbury

Post by Ian Stanbury »

Keighley it is..very clever and well done

Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Ian Stanbury wrote:
Very important health tip information -could be life changing..

· Do you have feelings of inadequacy?

· Do you suffer from shyness?

· Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist about Cabernet Sauvignon.

Cabernet Sauvignon is the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident about yourself and your actions. It can help ease you out of your shyness and let you tell the world that you're ready and willing to do just about anything.

You will notice the benefits of Cabernet Sauvignon almost immediately and, with a regimen of regular doses, you can overcome any obstacles that prevent you from living the life you want to live.

Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past and you will discover many talents you never knew you had. Stop hiding and start living.

Cabernet Sauvignon may not be right for everyone. Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use it. However, women who wouldn't mind nursing or becoming pregnant are encouraged to try it.

Side effects:

Dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration, loss of motor control, loss of clothing, loss of money, loss of virginity, delusions of grandeur, table dancing, headache, dehydration, dry mouth, and a desire to sing Karaoke and play all-night rounds of Strip Poker, Truth Or Dare, and Naked Twister.

Warnings:

· The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

· The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may cause you to tell your friends over and over again that you love them.

· The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may cause you to think you can sing.

· The consumption of Cabernet Sauvignon may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Please feel free to share this important information with as many people as you feel may benefit!

Now just imagine what you could achieve with a good Shiraz or Pinot..

Shvery gud advysh (hic) ^ :D
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

:-k scratch... :-k
Ian Stanbury wrote:Keighley it is..very clever and well done

:lol:

RxBX
Over 2k

Re: 1991 BX Athena for sale

Post by RxBX »

It looks like 'Our Friend' from Keighley never went thro' with the purchase, as I've just spotted this re-listed on E-BAY !

Good luck with the sale this time round Ian !

RxBX
Over 2k

1991 Athena F/S on E-bay and now Auto-trader too !

Post by RxBX »

Spotted on AUTO-TRADER too !
Ian Stanbury

Post by Ian Stanbury »

And so far not much interest in her on Autotrader either but have had three replies that make interesting reading>>

Thanks for your urgent response, I'm okay with the price and I'm pleased with the condition as i have already gone through it on the
advert, but just trying to make little inquiry from you, I'm ready to buy it now as a gift for my Daughter, I'm at sea at the moment as I'm a Navy Officer,and due to the nature of my job.....phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert. I really want it to be a surprise for my Daughter i won't let her know anything about it until it gets delivered to her, i am sure she will be more than happy with it. I insisted on PayPal because i don't have ] access to my bank account on-line as i don't have Internet banking, but i can pay from my PayPal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, get back to me with your PayPal email asap so as to proceed on with the payment quickly, and sorry if you don't have a PayPal Account, you sign-up for a PayPal personal account. http://www.PayPal.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it is very fast and easy to set up. And there is a shipping company pick up agent that will come for the pick up after the payment has been sorted out .
Await your swift response asap.
Thanks

Thank you so much for your email, i am sorry for the late reply,the doctors were actually attending to me. I'll like to know the condition of the car,although i have read about it and i have seen its pictures in the ad listing and i really loved it.
I want you to be honest with me because I won't be available to view due to my health conditions as i've been admitted in the hospital due to an accident that occurred to me some weeks ago,and i've been referred out of town for treatment. I want to know why you need to sell the car. How much are you willing to let it go at your last price? Any accident history?
Regards.
Aggy Moore.

Great, I'll like to know the present condition and why you need to sell it. I won't be available to inspect it as I'm just recovering from surgery. How much are you willing to let it go at your last price? Any accident history?
Regards
Debbie

So, does any normal human being want to make me an offer ?

RxBX
Over 2k

Re: 1991 BX Athena for sale

Post by RxBX »

RxBX wrote:

It looks like 'Our Friend' from Keighley never went thro' with the purchase, as I've just spotted this re-listed on E-BAY !

Good luck with the sale this time round Ian !

The /\ re-listing (fixed priced £650) ended/not sold, but just spotted re-listed again on E-BAY with an auction type listing !

Good Luck Ian, this time round !

Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Clearly one needs to include several violins to sell a car now. As my father would say 'Now you have told me all the things you cannot do perhaps you can tell me what you can?'
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Ian Stanbury wrote:.............................
So, does any normal human being want to make me an offer ?
It looks like there was only the one this time Ian !

Showing as Sold with the one bid @ £150 !

It looks like someone bagged a bargain there (If they go thro' with the purchase) Any one off the forum ?