Probably selling my TGD estate !

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
electrokid
1K Away

Probably selling my TGD estate !

Post by electrokid »

Greetings all...

Currently sorn / rusty. I'll post more about it when I have more time.

I've been umming and ahhhing whether to get rid or do the work but now my next door neighbour wants to sell his house and feels that the BX is a bit of an eyesore. I'm happy to cooperate as long as the BX goes to an enthusiast !

It's lurking in Woking , Surrey.

PS - Selling all my spares as well but they are buried in the garage !
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Probably selling my TGD estate !

Post by Tim Leech »

Hello mate

Good to hear from you, please mend it!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Hey Tim hope your doing fine :D

Good to be posting again. I'd love to fix it but limited funds means trying to keep one car on the road - the C5 is a computer controlled Eurolump but it's a Citroën with hydraulic suspension and there's a lot to like.

My neighbour has now offered to buy the car (so that he can scrap it and get rid of it that way) but he accepted it when I said [-X Though I will move it to a less conspicuous place while he's selling the house so he's ok with that.

I see you still have the fleet - excellent :D
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Good to see you on the forum again.
Your choice is too be a good neighbour to help him when he is moving away or to be a good BX owner. Why not just put a car cover over it ?

When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Thank you Sir :D Good to see it's as lively as ever.

I'd like to be a good neighbour and a good BX owner ideally. I do put things off easily so they've done me a favour making me look at the car again - concentrating my mind on what could be done and how: I shall post a bit of history and what I've done today and my thoughts behind it and see what other opinions there are: as I say two (or more) brains are better than one - even if one of them is mine !

It's been a great car for me but a few years back the red worm got under the washer bottles and into the wing area. A young chap welded a couple of 'L' shaped bits of steel in there paying particular attention to the area under the wing where Mr MOT man would be poking about and none at all to the bits under the washer bottles which allowed water into the interior of the car which eventually started rot between the floor and the NS sill leading to MOT failure. There was also rust at the back end close to the towbar - less significant though. There was enough cost involved for me to consider raiding the funds from the sale of my Mk2 Granada and get a car which hopefully wouldn't need welding every year as was becoming the case. The moral here is - get a decent pension rather than relying on The State !

April '14 it was SORNed: It was left entirely alone until September '14 when I started the engine again - didn't charge the battery - just got in and after 3 cycles of glow plugs it started instantly - brilliant. Fast forward to today - 16 or so months after that success I figured it would at least need a battery charge - which it did but the battery was still in good nick and took charge well without the charge voltage going through the roof. It still refused and a quick inspection revealed the cause. About 4 years ago I had the fuel filter housing replaced and the little heat exchange thingy was brittle and broke so there was a bit of re-plumbing of the fuel supply and one of the new pipes had a couple of splits in it - obviously the wrong type of pipe - probably for unleaded.

Hunted through the workshop and the nearest thing I could find was a piece of rubber gas pipe (LPG) and after that was fitted it started up ok. (I later found some 3/16 pipe for unleaded which would have done the job temporarily IN THE KITCHEN :shock: and thought that it's probably time I had a tidy-up :lol: )

Anyway - bottom line for now 'cause I'm prattling on a bit - I don't think there's any point in patching only to have to patch more next year even though it would make a brilliant 'winter' car if I wanted to get my cars to do shift work (It still has the Vredestein Snowtrac 3 tyres I put on in... 2009 ?) I think it needs a good going over and then looking after.

It sure was fun to be behind the wheel again even if it was up and down our tiny private road 1
2002 C5 HDi SX estate