BX aftermarket stereo

Anything about BXs
Janus
My Cars: 1988 BX 19 gti 8 valve

BX aftermarket stereo

Post by Janus »

Hi!

I am currently installing aftermarket stereo to my bx and was curious if anybody else have done this. It would be nice to chat and change opinnions about it. And if you have good tips specially for bx I would be glad to hear those.

I have already switched the head unit to pioneer deh80prs, dampened the roof and trunk, ran rca and speaker cables from trunk to front.

Now I am stuck because i haven`t found good route for big 0cauge power wire.

Maybe I will post some pics if atleast somebody is intrested.
panky
BXpert
My Cars: 1985 BX 19 GT (DKK), 1971 Morris Minor Traveller, 1971 Commer Auto-Sleeper, 1969 Commer Jennings Roadranger.
'88 BX GTi (a long time ago)

Re: BX aftermarket stereo

Post by panky »

Can't help with the installation questions but would love to see how you're getting on. Always like to see progress on a project.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

I am not sure why you need both speaker and big power cables from front to rear. Are you putting a sub or power amp in the boot perhaps.
I know Its difficult to stuff too many wires under the carpet or along the roof head lining which is why I have never attempted this so I have installed a sub under the passenger seat with speaker in the parcel shelf. Pics would be interesting.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Janus

Post by Janus »

Yes I am actually going to install two amps. One for my sub and second one for front speakers so they can keep up with the bass. Now I`m thinking that maybe I can found some safe route for powercable underneath the car. The cable will need some protection but that`s not problem.

If I have time in evening I`ll post pictures.
Janus

Post by Janus »

Posted some pictures about what I have already done to BX gallery: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22510

Today I started making panels for fullrange drivers while I think about my problem with power cable.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

That is quite an undertaking and a very professional looking job of insulation and wiring. Would it be easier to run two smaller power cables to give the amperage you need.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Janus

Post by Janus »

That is actually a good point. Might still have problems running those wires past backseats because all the gaps there are very tight. I have to take a look and think about it.