How do I replace this hose?

BX Tech talk
Jonesy
My Cars: 1994 BX TZD Turbo Estate

How do I replace this hose?

Post by Jonesy »

Hi,

I bought a TZD Turbo Estate on Saturday and on Sunday the LHM hose I am pointing at split where it goes onto that thing with a green 'H' on it causing a right old mess! I cut the split end off the hose and fitted it back on. But my thinking is, if that end was old enough to split I suppose the other end could go imminently.

Question is where does the other end go to / how do I get to it? It just disappears into a black hole under the intercooler where I can't even get my hand into. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Own copyright
Own copyright
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: How do I replace this hose?

Post by Jaba »

I am puzzled by that pic. I don't have a diesel anymore but that looks like diesel leak back hose but I suppose it could be used for LHM in the correct length. If its for LHM then it will reappear at the side or rear of the intercooler and will make its way down to a return pipe connection somewhere near the subframe or maybe the pressure regulator.
Cutting back should be ok as there is no heat, oil or diesel at the other end.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
RobC
BXpert
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX 16v

Post by RobC »

Agree with Jaba. That doesn't look like any LHM connection block I've ever seen. Maybe it's a bodge from a previous owner. I've had to use some of that braided fuel hose for a couple of my LHM return lines and it works ok.
1991 Citroen BX 16v
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

That could poss be the lhm return pipe from the brake valve (doseur) as said some kind of heath Robinson repair, I'm pretty sure it just returns to the main body of the octopus.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
Jonesy
My Cars: 1994 BX TZD Turbo Estate

Post by Jonesy »

Hi there. You're quite correct that's the diesel return pipe on further inspection with the intercooler off. Replaced this and all the leak off hoses with some decent gates stuff and all cured now. Bit of a born again returnee to the BX and the bright green marks just made me assume it was LHM related. Dohh. Thanks for the feedback!