crashed xantia, sold xantia

post here until we fix the rest of your forum
jgra1

crashed xantia, sold xantia

Post by jgra1 »

Yey I am in!!
been waiting about 2 weeks :(

thanks Marty.

HI all.. a few questions if anyone can help ...

My V6 is sold on ebay, but to a guy in France..
He wants me to deliver to Calais.. Can anyone see a major issue with this, or is it a case of, get payment and expenses upfront, then fill in V5C and drive it over there, come back on ferry without car?

My new S2 TD is off road after it drove into someone :(
Damage that I can see so far is : headlights, rad, intercooler, bumper, bonnet, fans, and the main fibre 'valance' / cross panel

Of those items, apart from the headlights, bonnet, which others were modified for a S2 car?

The bumper may be saveable, the bumper main mountings look like they have taken a lot of force - but until I can get outside on a dry night, I cant look any further..

does anyone have any of these bits I can buy?

John - Kent (back on motorbike in winter :( )
Dickieg
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Dickieg »

Hi John,

With your V6 and without wishing to state the obvious, I'd personnally be very reluctant to drive to Calais without having first being paid for the car as the buyer will be a very good position to demand for you to sell at a lower price etc. Also don't fill in the V5C until you have the money in your hand in case of the above.

As for the S2, the only panel that I can see from comparing my S1/S2 Xantia's that's the same from your list is the fibre cross panel that mounts the fans. There is also an extra panel that sits above that on S2 models.

I do have the fan panel on my spares (S1 Activa) including the fans if you want that.

If you wish to make your S2 slightly different from the norm :wink: , you're welcome to the whole front end of my spares car i.e. bonnet, lights, bumper etc etc for the price of a beer :lol: I have seen S2 Xantia's fitted with S1 fronts so I presume the parts are interchangable, so that would leave you just finding a radiator :lol: .
jgra1

Post by jgra1 »

Dickie many thanks

I am one of the rare breed that like the look of the front of the Mark 2 ;)

would be interested in the cross panel, many beers.. where are you ?

So do we think a mark 1 TD rad and Intercooler are the same as a M2? does AC amke a diffference?

J
Dickieg
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Dickieg »

Like yourself I quite like the look of S2 models (I have both), I just mentioned it in case you were after a really cheap repair.

The car is in North London (Hendon) I'm between M25 J15/16 although I occaisionally travel around the M25 to the M23 at weekends.

I'm not sure about the rad and intercooler, I'd take a look on PR.net to get the correct info.
jgra1

Post by jgra1 »

thanks D..

I am not too far from M23, Gatwick area..

Have sent a few mails to breakers, will see what transpires.. headlamps could be tricky I think. I was hoping to get rad, IC, cross panel, fans and lights for £100... Bonnet will have to wait for now..

I just hope I have not bent the structure too much :evil:
Dickieg
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Dickieg »

Here's one of those panels that sits above the radiator on S2 models http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/radiator-cover-fo ... dZViewItem
jgra1

Post by jgra1 »

thanks Dickieg..

well, everything was removed from front of car last night..

All 3 radiators need replacing.
The internal bumper (connects main bumper to bumper mountings it seems)
The cross panel
The S2 top panel
Fans
Headlights
Bonnet

The bumper mountings took some force, but look quite useable with a bit of metal bending :)
fridgedoc

Post by fridgedoc »

Hi Jgra

I think I have most of the parts you require I am in Croydon
Bonne Chance

Stephen
jgra1

Post by jgra1 »

Stephen, many thanks..
I went to a good Citroen breaker in Norwich (Cit-Ren) in the end and got most of it as was getting depserate...

I still need the black plastic raditor top cover and a bonnet ?

John
fridgedoc

Post by fridgedoc »

Hi

Got both of those
Bonne Chance

Stephen
jgra1

Post by jgra1 »

Pm'd you Stephen

John
fridgedoc