Jumpy (Dispatch) On order

post here until we fix the rest of your forum
mr_apisto

Jumpy (Dispatch) On order

Post by mr_apisto »

Last Saturday we put in our order for our new Jumpy (called the Dispatch in the UK) :lol: \:D/ ^^ ^^ . Trim levels are sure to be different but the deal is for a Long wheelbase 8 seat Jumpy Atlante Exclusive with 1 sliding door and with parking sensors, in metalic lagoon blue. Total cost is pretty frightening, but we both decided that the base model was out (only available with twin rear doors) and my better half allowed me to order the higher spec version because I hate cold air blowing on to my hands (unfortunately the only version available with climate control is the highest spec.)
As an aside, how have members found the automatic windscreen wipers work in practice? It's something my wife is a little bit worried about as each driver has their own preference as far as wiper speed etc. is concerned. Can anybody enlighten us?
C:)lin
"I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"
Reblack68

Post by Reblack68 »

I'll describe the automatic wipers on the Xantia, I'm assuming they will be the same.

The wipers are only automatic in what would normally be the intermittent wipe switch position. The sensor is behind the rear view mirror. When a spot of rain falls on the sensor the wipers sweep once. As the rain increases the wipers go on continuous mode then, in really heavy rain, fast mode.

Other than the auto setting there are the Off, Slow and Fast positions like on any other car.

That's how it is on the Xantia anyway.
Richard
mr_apisto

Post by mr_apisto »

Thank you, that's just what I wanted to know :D . Are there any reliability issues that anybody knows about, either with the Jumpy/Dispatch or any of its major components (120 bhp engine?
"I spent most of my money on Scotch, women and cigarettes. The rest I just wasted"
mr_apisto

Post by mr_apisto »

Thank you, that's just what I wanted to know :D . Are there any reliability issues that anybody knows about, either with the Jumpy/Dispatch or any of its major components (120 bhp engine/6 sp gearbox/electrics etc.)?