Timex and friends

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: Timex and friends

Post by Jaba »

Did you see my GTi there Mike ? If so anything to report ??
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I did see it there a couple of weeks back, but didn't spot it this time. I'll probably be round there again later in the week (need to pick up some documents for the AX), so will find out.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Not much on the BX front, although with the insurance renewed on Timex it'll get a bit of use over the next few weeks before the MOT runs out - have to use up the diesel before I drop the tank :wink: :lol:

The XM disgraced itself this morning on the way to work when the return pipe from the pressure regulator popped off and it pumped all its fluid out. I had just enough pressure in the system to get into the car park before the brakes disappeared. Luckily one of my work mates took me into town for LHM and a clip for the pipe, so it's all sorted now. It reprimed much easier than Timex does, but losing PAS on an XM is a MUCH bigger deal then on a BX as I could bearly turn the wheel!
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

but losing PAS on an XM is a MUCH bigger deal then on a BX
I've had experience of a similar contrast between 2 types of car. I had the throttle jam fully open on a 1 litre Metro... and the throttle stick partially open on a 2.8 Granny. I got out of both situations reasonably easily but a Granny launching itself into the blue beyond was definitely the scariest. I do enjoy 'Granny launching' but as long as it's under my control.
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Like the throttle jamming with ice on a 30+ Deg C day on my Gilera NordWest......now I know what a big single sounds like at 8k revs when the limiter cuts in.... :wink:

Also found out why they put a return cable (ie shut carb) in the system....
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

So I currently have no road legal BX's!

Timex's MOT ran out last weekend, but before that did some running round including a trip to the 'long term storage' barn to unload the mortal remains of a Visa 10E:

It then failed to proceed on the way to work Friday due to a failed fuel filter head. I got it to within 1/4 of a mile of the 'local barn' by repriming the fuel system each time it stopped when it failed to restart due to a flat battery! With the help of Andy Weston we bypassed the filter and jump started it so that it could take the XM's place in the barn.

Visal Diesel is still not finished - guess what, more welding needed after I found one of the sills and the C post full of filler, chicken wire and bubble wrap! Once done it'll be the main winter car and I'll make a final decision on whether I take that or Mitch the 4x4 on the challenge next year.

To that end, and also because in theory it needs less work, I may well get Mitch on the road before starting on Timex. Hopefully some wiring and a major service should get it through the MOT then I can start working on what else it needs.
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Happy Birthday Mike

We miss you and Timex!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....